AKKA Karate Students
Here, you’ll find information about our organization, our instructors, our weekly class schedule, and any important events coming up!
Get Started Today
Karate Pledge of Honor (Kenpo Creed)
With honor, we apply ourselves to the study of Karate, placing foremost the improvement of both mind and body, in order to develop a better understanding of our fellow man.
Striving for an ultimate serenity that can only come through a complete understanding of ourselves. We approach life’s problems with the patience Karate has given us.
Never will we unjustly dishonor our fellow students, our teachers, the AKKA organization, or the art of Karate, through misusing the secrets we are learning. To this, we the students ofAKKA do swear.
I intend to develop myself in a positive manner and to avoid anything that would reduce my mental growth or my physical health.
I intend to develop my self-discipline in order to bring out the best in myself and others.
I intend to use what I learn in class constructively and defensively to help myself and my fellow man, and to never be abusive or offensive.
AKKA Karate USA Guidelines
- Observe Dojo etiquette by bowing (facing the deck) upon entering and leaving deck area.
- Address all instructors as Mr, Mrs, Ms, Ma’am or Sir.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your class, to allow time for you to collect your chart, get dressed and stretch out before your class.
- Please be silent & still during all Creeds and Salutations.
- No talking to students while in class
- Do not congregate on deck in training area.
- Please get permission from an instructor before crossing deck during class.
- No horseplay
- No street shoes on deck while in class.
- Please help keep school clean.
- No obscene, vulgar, offensive or abusive language.
- Maintain respect at all times, before, during & after class
- All Students under 18 must remain inside the school until parents arrive to pick them up.
- Please do not allow unattended children to run freely about the school
- Maintain courtesy at all times inside & outside the school.
- No smoking.
- Respect others with your own personal hygiene.
- Do not leave clothing, or bags & equipment in the school. Please double check before you leave.
- Please do not touch stereo equipment, ask staff for assistance.
- Please do not leave class without instructor permission.
- Please remove jewelry before attending class.
- Proper protocol when entering the school is: “Your name, In State, Asa!”.
- Turn cell phones off when in school
- Speak to an instructor if special permission is necessary.
- Use restroom BEFORE starting class.
- No gum chewing during class.
- No eating or drinking on deck
- Use Reception area if you need to eat between classes.
- Always bring sparring equipment to every class…you never know.
- Students must have ALL sparring equipment in order to spar: Headgear, Mouth piece, Rib guard, gloves, shinpads, footpads, and groin protection (for men).
- Keep eye contact with instructor during Kenpo Creed.
- Please do not swing, climb or hang on equipment.
- Do not kick bags or shields with shoes on.
- Please give the school a courtesy call if you are unable to attend class.
- Please adhere to instructors’ requests – most will be in regards to all of the above.
Safety First, Respect Your Opponent, Total Self Control!